For a healthy and disease-free school environment, it is advisable to schedule a daily cleaning and disinfecting process to help prevent the spread of infectious diseases on our campuses. To maintain a safer, healthier, and germ-free school facility, administrators, students and staff must have a daily maintenance plan that includes cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting all parts of the school. Below are our cleaning tips for educational facilities and learning centers.
When you clean a surface, you are removing dirt, dust, debris, and other physical impurities from it, but this does not kill the germs and bacteria’s that may be on them, which are invisible to the eyes. To neutralize these germs and bacteria’s and prevent the spread of diseases at your facility, you need a disinfectant.
As you clean commonly high touch areas like doorknobs, mirrors, keyboards, tables, sinks, toilets, and water dispensers, you need to wipe and sanitize them with a disinfectant. Please, always pay attention to label directions and hazard warning if you are not using a non-toxic disinfectant.
Here are deep-cleaning tips for focused areas:
- Restrooms, gyms, and locker rooms: A floor to ceiling sanitization will ensures that all surfaces are clean and germ-free.
- Carpets and floors: Dirt and pollutants can build up in carpets, and they also serve as a breeding ground for molds. Deep cleaning of carpets should include vacuuming and sanitization, while hard floors should be scrubbed, stripped, and waxed.
- Windows, glasses, and mirrors: These areas should be wiped with a disinfectant and polished to shine.
- Ventilation and AC units: Cleaning the A/C units regularly by washing the vents, changing the air filter, and cleaning the coil helps in reducing the risk of air pollution and the spread of disease.
- Foodservice areas: Without proper hygiene and regular cleaning, germs will contaminate the foods made and stored in the dining or kitchen or cafeteria.
It is easy to kill germs and viruses because of their fragile nature. The use of regular washing soap and detergent is sufficient to eliminate them, which is why it is advisable to clean daily. For advanced deep-cleaning, a professional maintenance crew should be allowed to handle the task, which should include fumigation, deep-scrub, and waxing.
Remember that it is advisable to use a general household cleaner to wash and clean surfaces. After this, you should rinse with water before applying an EPA-registered disinfectant to kill germs.
After you must have been done with your cleaning task, throw the disposable items used to clean surfaces in the trash immediately. Be extra careful not to touch used tissues and other waste products when emptying the trash bin. You should wear gloves during this process, and wash your hands with soap and water immediately after you dispose of your glove.
Never forget that a clean environment for students equals is a safer place for students. As a professional cleaning company, we know that school care is not just about appearance alone; it is also about health and safety. So, call on commercial cleaning west palm beach today, and we will handle your cleaning needs to your satisfaction.